Hoofbeats Academy Students
- Students are people of all ages and abilities who seek betterment and choose Hoofbeats Academy,
- Students become "Trainer for the Day" attending private, hourly lessons scheduled weekly,
- Student goals are defined at evaluation and "MOUNTessori" objectives are designed to enhance
- "MOUNTessori" activities include greeting, learning aids, grooming, leading, tacking, long reining, riding, competition and all kinds of barn work.
- Students enjoy mentoring by horse, pony, donkey, and human faculty members who employ
Tacking helps with following instruction and development of fine motor skill.
Leading is empowering and requires attention and planning.
Long Reining is great for developing gross motor skill and improving awareness.
Riding improves balance, strength,
cognitive skill and confidence.
Grooming teaches stewardship, calms, and decreases sensory integration issues.
Disclaimer! Daisy is not our only Equine Faculty Member! She is just a darling girl who can do it all! She also takes great pics. She is so special that Willie Nelson took time to stop and meet her after a big show. #daisytheshowpony